Short Film Competition Rules & Regulations
By entering the Just 4 Shorts film competition, you acknowledge that you've read, understood, and agree
to all of the following rules and regulations:
- We are a GREEN competition: To reduce waste, only electronic submissions are accepted. Physical submissions are NOT accepted.
Your Short Film must be uploaded to Vimeo (either public or a private screener using a shared password)
- By submitting your film, you confirm that you own 100% of the rights to the work. If the work's copyright is held by more than one person, the submitter must have the written consent of all other owners prior to submitting.
- If the entrant, for any reason, prefers NOT to have their film made available on the public Just 4 Shorts Showcase, the entrant is responsible for notifying the competition administrators.
- Films may originate from anywhere in the world. However, if the film has dialogue which is required to understand the narrative in any language other than English, then English subtitles must be included.
- Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. (Entrants between the ages of 13 to 18 may enter with a written letter of consent from a legal guardian.)
- The short film must be less than 40 minutes in length to qualify.
- Any decisions made by the judges and/or competition administrators must be considered final and cannot be disputed.
- The competition and its administrators shall not be liable for any typographical errors.
- Entry fees must be paid in US Dollars and are nonrefundable. The winner is responsible for filing income taxes on any cash prizes that may be received if any is received.
- Entry must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the date of the deadline specified.
- All rights to the submitted material will remain with the entrant. The contest administrators and operators DO NOT claim any rights to the material submitted to the competition.
- Each film is eligible to be entered into multiple categories. All categories qualify for the general prizes. However, only genre-specific categories qualify for the Genre Awards.