Short Script Competition Rules & Regulations
By entering the Just 4 Shorts screenplay competition, you acknowledge that you've read, understood, and agree
to all of the following rules and regulations:
- We are a GREEN competition: To reduce waste, only electronic submissions in PDF file format are accepted. Physical submissions are NOT accepted.
- By submitting your script, you confirm that you own 100% of the rights to the work. If the work's copyright is held by more than one person, the submitter must have the written consent of all other owners prior to submitting.
- If the entrant, for any reason, prefers NOT to have their screenplay made available to Hollywood professionals for consideration, the entrant is responsible for notifying the competition administrators.
- Scripts may originate from anywhere in the world. However, the script must be written in the English language.
- Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. (Entrants between the ages of 13 to 18 may enter with a written letter of consent from a legal guardian.)
- The script must be less than 40 pages in length to qualify.
- Any decisions made by the judges and/or competition administrators must be considered final and cannot be disputed.
- The competition and its administrators shall not be liable for any typographical errors.
- Entry fees must be paid in US Dollars and are nonrefundable. The winner is responsible for filing income taxes on any cash prizes that may be received if any is received.
- Entry must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the date of the deadline specified.
- All rights to the submitted material will remain with the entrant. The contest administrators and operators DO NOT claim any rights to the material submitted to the competition.
- Each script is eligible to be entered into multiple categories. All categories qualify for the general prizes. However, only genre-specific categories qualify for the Genre Awards.